Skip to main content

Feeling the crafty vibe again

Before I became a mum, I was someone who had lots of different interests and lots of time to explore all the different things that caught my eye. I wasn't able to quite do everything I wanted due to limited space and my house just not being fit for purpose. While I loved candlemaking I really did not have the space, and the kit was all sold off (much to my regret).

Then I had a child and all my crafting interests went out the window. I had no time, and honestly I didn't have the motivation. There was a lot going on in my head and I didn't have time or energy to do the things I loved.

2020-21 was a significant period of change, I learned how strong I am, I moved house, and I cleared my mind. Little Legs is not so little and can actually sometimes leave me in peace to focus on things for me. I can actually find time to be "Tatty" and not just mum, or civil servant.

That period I did little bits of knitting, some embroidery and even made a felted sleeve for my teapot to keep the brew warm. It felt good to be doing these things but I still felt held back as I knew in my heart I wouldn't be staying that long in the new house and felt like I couldn't do the work needed to it to make it work properly for the two of us. I wasn't quite sure what the future held and continued to feel "unsettled".

This year has brought bigger changes. My heart and mind are wide open, and there are big changes coming. But these changes have brought calm to my mind and my soul, the restlessness and uncertainty has been replaced with peace, trust and confidence, and sureness of a positive future. 

The plans for the future involve another house move, and a joining up of forces. In turn my creative brain has been fired up and I have so many ideas, things I want to do and I feel so excited. 

Felting projects are planned, knitting projects are underway, and thoughts are starting to form around how these things can be done in the future and where these projects might take me.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands into some of these projects, quite literally. Currently I'm doing quite a lengthy process of cleaning up some Alpaca fleece kindly donated to me, and once done, the felting process will be underway once more.



Comments

  1. So glad you are getting your life sorted and building in some creative 'me' time. Looking forward to seeing your results.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments, please do leave feedback and a username for your preferred social media so I can get back in touch.

Popular posts from this blog

To know or not to know?

14 weeks and 2 days In a month or so I will be having my 20 week scan and can potentially find out the gender of our baby. D is adamant he wants to know.  Nay!  He needs to know.... Me?  Meh... All my life I've said I didn't want to know, that whatever I had I would be happy and as such I just don't need to know.  In fact, waiting 9 months to find out what we're having just adds to the excitement of finding out. D however is very impatient in all aspects of life and needs to know at the first possible opportunity.   I can't see why it's so important to know as I don't believe in traditional gender attire and decor.  Girls do not have to wear pink.  So whats the benefit to knowing really? Someone recently suggested to me that we could just go down the beige route... *shudder* I couldn't think of anything worse.  I need colour in my life, and our baby will be surrounded by colour.     For me, I want bright colours around our child, greens, blu

Keeping your chebs in place

When I found out I was expecting I knew that there would be a stage which meant I would struggle to find clothes to wear. .. never did I imagine my first issue would be my underwear! ! At only 11 weeks I was measured and found that I'd gone from more than a handful 36DD to a rather explosive 38GG! To my utmost horror the bra fitter of a well known high street chain told me I had to stop wearing my underwires and brought me two maternity bras to try on. If this wasn't bad enough the bras were horrid.  I asked if they had any others and the answer was "Yes" but not in my rather large size.   As I was rather desperate I bought them but now I'm fed up and want something pretty but practical.  This is proving much harder than I realised without breaking the bank! So I've been doing a little research.  My boobs are only going to grow more, and now I'm finding I need to wear something at night too.  So I need comfy bras during the day, something to sle

How easy to forget the past

I had an appointment yesterday and I thought everything was going swimmingly well.  Answering all the questions with no hesitation and providing relevant information.  It was only while we were chit chatting that I realised there was so much I'd forgotten to say. Cue much back peddling and scribbling in extra notes. How is it when these things happen at the time they seem huge,  like the biggest obstacles you've ever dealt with but within a relatively short space of time they're pushed back? Huge lesson learned.  If it's not going to matter in a year or two,  just get on with it, accept it.  If you can't change it just do it and move on .  Also, make a record of these things otherwise in future appointments you'll have forgotten everything!