Skip to main content

Grounding time

I'll be honest I've been struggling a bit these last 2 or 3 months. As much as things all seem pretty good on paper I haven't been able to feel quite.... "right".

I've spent a lovely time this summer with my son, with my family, old friends coming to visit, taking trips out to the beach, camping, time off work, but something seems off kilter. 

I haven't been able to put my finger on it and it's had me feeling restless, uneasy and unsettled. 

Anyone else get like this? I actually quite like this time of year, the end of summer. As I get into September I do get quite reflective. I ponder how things have been going, what have I been doing, what do I have to look forward to, what do I need to focus on?

I grabbed my journal and started writing tonight. I just let the pen drift and the thoughts tumble out, joining the dots and putting the pieces together. It was just what I needed 

Next came the bullet journal. I felt the urge to draw something that is important to me right now and that would give me pleasure over these coming months of darker nights. I created two lists for the month, starting with the things I have planned that I'm looking forward to and then a list of things I'm grateful for. The lists were surprisingly long.

Finally I started putting down the things I need to focus on that have been tumbling round in my mind. Projects, DIY, decorating plans, just getting it out and onto paper stops it from niggling at me.

All the while I've been sat outside with my logs burning and my music playing, reminding myself that it really is the simple things in life that bring the greatest pleasure.


Comments

  1. You have had a very full on year. Despite the pandemic you have moved house and turned your life around.It has been full on but you have attained so much. Maybe time to slow down a bit and relax whilst enjoying all your achievements. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments, please do leave feedback and a username for your preferred social media so I can get back in touch.

Popular posts from this blog

To know or not to know?

14 weeks and 2 days In a month or so I will be having my 20 week scan and can potentially find out the gender of our baby. D is adamant he wants to know.  Nay!  He needs to know.... Me?  Meh... All my life I've said I didn't want to know, that whatever I had I would be happy and as such I just don't need to know.  In fact, waiting 9 months to find out what we're having just adds to the excitement of finding out. D however is very impatient in all aspects of life and needs to know at the first possible opportunity.   I can't see why it's so important to know as I don't believe in traditional gender attire and decor.  Girls do not have to wear pink.  So whats the benefit to knowing really? Someone recently suggested to me that we could just go down the beige route... *shudder* I couldn't think of anything worse.  I need colour in my life, and our baby will be surrounded by colour.     For me, I want bright colours around our child, greens, blu

Keeping your chebs in place

When I found out I was expecting I knew that there would be a stage which meant I would struggle to find clothes to wear. .. never did I imagine my first issue would be my underwear! ! At only 11 weeks I was measured and found that I'd gone from more than a handful 36DD to a rather explosive 38GG! To my utmost horror the bra fitter of a well known high street chain told me I had to stop wearing my underwires and brought me two maternity bras to try on. If this wasn't bad enough the bras were horrid.  I asked if they had any others and the answer was "Yes" but not in my rather large size.   As I was rather desperate I bought them but now I'm fed up and want something pretty but practical.  This is proving much harder than I realised without breaking the bank! So I've been doing a little research.  My boobs are only going to grow more, and now I'm finding I need to wear something at night too.  So I need comfy bras during the day, something to sle

How easy to forget the past

I had an appointment yesterday and I thought everything was going swimmingly well.  Answering all the questions with no hesitation and providing relevant information.  It was only while we were chit chatting that I realised there was so much I'd forgotten to say. Cue much back peddling and scribbling in extra notes. How is it when these things happen at the time they seem huge,  like the biggest obstacles you've ever dealt with but within a relatively short space of time they're pushed back? Huge lesson learned.  If it's not going to matter in a year or two,  just get on with it, accept it.  If you can't change it just do it and move on .  Also, make a record of these things otherwise in future appointments you'll have forgotten everything!