Skip to main content

Evacuate the pool - we have a floater!

'They' don't tell you about the awkward 'shituations' you find yourself in when your toddler is just getting used to using the toilet.

In one single day I found myself:
  • scurrying out of a public swimming pool while attempting with my bare hand to stop the poo escaping from his arse (failed)
  • 3 times at a kids party taking said poo bum toddler to the toilet to clean his shitty pants.
  • Realising I'd forgotten the sodding wipes and the bag for the shitty stinking underwear which I hastily shoved in my handbag (thank heavens for compartments although I'm sure everyone who came near me must have thought I'd shit myself)
  • Pointed at my Poohead toddler standing in the middle of the party straining with such concentration to push his poo out and shouted "yep he's mine".
  • Later watching him waddling along and telling another parent he was practising his John Wayne impression.  We were at a fancy dress party after all (shame he was dressed as an elf).
  • Doing the smiling through gritted teeth that every parent does when trying to be stern with toddler and not draw attention to self.  "If you keep pooing yourself Darling you're going back in nappies" Cue wails and cries of "Nooooo not nappies mummy.  My Big Boy!" Attempt to not draw attention failed....
Toileting guidance really needs some improvement.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty breastfeeding underwear

A while back,when boobs first started their pregnancy bloom, I struggled with finding nursing bras in those larger sizes, and that were also pretty, and affordable.  Following Oscar's arrival, the post baby bloom arrived and the search was on once more. My friend Annie who shares similar traits to me sent me a link one day which brought a ray of hope.  She suggested I look at an online shop, very appropriately called nursing-brashop .   At first glance I was immediately impressed by the set up and the very clear indications that it catered to sizes across the board, including those elusive larger sizes. As well as browsing by size you can also browse by brand, and by type. I was impressed with the variety of types of bras available.  Far better than I'd been able to search for elsewhere. I quickly placed an order for two bras, one plain and simple, and one pretty one as a treat for myself.  The shop made me even happier when I discovered free UK deliv...

Panic!

I woke up on Monday morning with an honest to God freak out. In three weeks I return to work after nearly 11 months off work. Jeez Louise where has that time gone? I remember before I went on maternity leave I had ideas about what I would do during my time off and how when I returned to work I would be in such a great routine that everything would run seamlessly. Er.. No. Quite the opposite, I have a baby who hates naps, unless he sleeps on you and doesn't particularly like sleeping at night. I somehow manage to fit in (just about) mealtimes, and attending appts and play sessions. Housework? Don't be ridiculous,  my son is incredibly lucky, and I'm incredibly surprised that he has clean clothes to wear every day. There have been occasions where I realised I was dressing him in his last set of clean clothes and the panic washing and drying without a tumble dryer has begun. When I return to work in 2 and a half weeks I'm either going to fall apart or become super ef...

Fun resolve

I began this journal when I first found out I was pregnant. I had no way of knowing what kind of road was ahead of me.  I could never have known just how hard it would be and how equally delightful it is. Being a parent has challenged every preconception I ever had about parenting. All the "rules and "ideals" were quickly thrown out of the window and many short sharp lessons were learned. Every day is a lesson.  A lesson in my son, a lesson in family dynamics, a lesson in responsibility, and a lesson in life. I cant predict what each day will bring and I can't promise I will enjoy all my lessons. But I do know each lesson is full of unquestionable love, even through dark days and the occasional tear of my own. As 2018 gets ready for autumn I find myself thinking about the challenges yet to come. The future is full of promise. I promise to continue being the best parent that I can. I know I won't be perfect but I will always do what I think is right and I...